Interview with Rakitic:I listened to my heart and stayed
His future held a huge part of the bartenders on the thorns, while Paris Saint-Germain headed for his attraction in his ranks. Unlike what happened with Neamr last year, however, Ivan Rakitic chose not to say the tempting offer of the French club. Convinced of the rightness of his decision and of his career and family, Croat spoke to a team of the newspaper Sport for his new goals with blaugranas;first of all the Champions League, and the chances of an upgraded and reinforced team. In his 30 years and after his magnificent World Cup in Russia, the midfielder inspires astonishing security. Nor does he hide his hopes that the club will reward him for loyalty with improved contract terms.
- Eventually, you staked staying in Barcelona despite the PSG offer. When and why did you decide this?
`It was not at any particular moment, but rather a long thought. These were days that said so much to me that, frankly, there was a moment when I no longer wanted to listen or watch or read anything more. I thought, I talked to my wife and my agents, I looked from every corner.
- What was the most important thing:family, football, or money?
`I listened to my wife and heart. I realized I had the privilege of wearing Barca`s shirt. Protecting this emblem is the most supreme thing and there is no club in this world that can give me more if we exclude the money. My daughters are very happy in Barcelona:the big one is in school for two years now, and the little one is now going to kindergarten. We are very good here and in this sense the solution was very easy. I am proud to continue in Barca.
- Would you understand the club if it accepted the SSG offer?
`If that had happened, then we would have been talking - I would have to see what was best for everyone and if the club had gone this way, maybe my opinion would have been different. The important thing is we can be at a frequency -;good for me not to be bad for the club, to want to go on together. I feel very fond of the club predicted by livestreams and the audience, so I made my decision so quickly.
- The season has just begun, and a consensus has emerged:this season Barca`s big goal is the Champions League
- Yes, but there would be no point in getting to the quarterfinals or semi-finals and dropping out there;the only important thing is winning the trophy. Here, in Barca, every year we aim to win every possible cup, but the last three years were not the best for us in the Champions League. That`s why we also have a great desire to win it, although we know we have never won it before, without being champions in La Liga. We have a big team, but it`s still at its very beginning. We will try to perform as best we can, enjoy the road and improve continuously throughout the season.
- Will your role in the team continue to be the same, or will we increasingly see you as a supporting midfielder?
`That`s what the trainer will do -`;he knows the players perfectly and knows where he or she prefers to play and where it is best for the team. It is important for the owners to do well:do we want to win every one of us?
Football blog of Win Football Tipsters